Thursday, December 27, 2012

Worry

I've figured something out.

Worry is like the color of a half-bleached colored ribbon. The color of the ribbon really strong on one end and gets paler and paler as it goes on.

I know it's stupid to compare worry to the color of the ribbon. I mean if anything, worry should be the bleach (some would go so far as to say that worry is a bitch, but anyway). But just think about how much more difficult it would be if I said: "Worry is the bleach that bleached the colored ribbon. The white part of the ribbon slowly becomes colorful."

It's actually really confusing because when colorful and white are compared together, everyone associates colorful with good and white with bad. So when I say that the colorful part is becoming paler, it sounds like something good is becoming something bad. But if I say that the pale part is becoming colorful, it sounds like something bad is becoming something good. So even though I have associated worry with bleach, or the pale part of the ribbon which is also the bad part of the ribbon, when I explain it, it sounds like worry is a bad thing becoming good.

Confused yet? I am and I'm the one writing this shit.

Never mind, let's rephrase.

Worry in an average person's life is like the white of a colored ribbon bleached in the middle. The color becomes paler and paler then slowly becomes colorful again.

Sounds better?

Okay, I'll continue.

At the beginning of the person's life, they have little or no worries. That is the color of the ribbon. It's the best time of your life. You don't have to wonder about anything. Your needs are catered to. You don't worry, you just need.

Then more white seeps into the color. Worry about results, worry about friends, worry about popularity, worry about a relationship, about college, about everything.

After that, the white begins to disappear. It will never fully disappear, but it will fade. Less worry.

The end of the ribbon. No more white or color, worry or need.

No comments:

Post a Comment