Thursday, December 27, 2012

Grown Up

You know what? All those people who said I haven't grown up are wrong.

I have grown up. I look different, think different, feel different. I know different things, loved different loves.

I've grown up.

So what if I collect soft toys and take childish joy in small things? That doesn't mean I haven't grown up. That only proves that not all of my innocence has faded away.

So what if I don't act like you guys? No offense, but I don't think you guys are grown up at all. I've seen you all quarrel and I've seen you guys not speaking to people.

Not a single person has the maturity to forgive or move on. Not a single person knows how to say sorry or never mind. You guys are like seven year olds.

You know what? If growing up means that I have to like contemporary music and give up toys and talk about superficial things, well I'm sorry. I'm not growing up. Your version of maturity doesn't sit well with me.

I don't think I'll ever be grown up enough for you.

Thank God for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment