Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Choices

Look before you leap.

Nope. Not for me.

I don't look, I just jump. Say yes, ask questions later. Which isn't a good thing at all. That is why I get hurt, that is why I've died over and over inside. 

Fine.

I'll look. I promise. 

Next time, I promise I'll look before I jump. 

You know what? No, I've got it wrong. I look then jump. But I can't seem to gauge the distance. 

I think it's okay and I jump and I'm left crumpled, broken, dead, at the bottom. Sometimes I catch on to something. But when I catch on to something, someone else gets hurt.

I'd rather I get hurt than someone else. But sometimes, I don't have a choice. I have to hurt someone.

Yes, we always have a choice. But mine is a choice between hurting him or hurting her and you know what?

Well, I've chosen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment